Thanks for your interest in the Assistant General Manager position at our Lake St. location on the Burlington Waterfront!
Working with support from the General Manager and Director of Operations, the Assistant General Manager (AGM)’s key responsibilities include:
- Supervising restaurant staff at the Skinny Pancake including:
- Completing written documentation for crew members including discipline and reviews.
- Coordinating orientation and training of new crew members.
- Working with the General Manager to create and implement SOP’s to improve the guest experience and ensure that the restaurant evolves in a positive way.
- Monitoring staffing levels by creating and overseeing the schedule for FOH and making recommendations for schedule changes, cutting staff as needed, and providing on-shift solutions to call-offs and no-shows.
- Monitoring beverage costs through ordering and inventory of goods. Working closely with the Bar Manager to ensure proper par levels of inventory in relation to anticipated sales volume & to reduce waste.
- Coordinating with catering team and Music Coordinator for special events, private events, and live music in the restaurant.
- Opening and closing restaurants as needed and scheduled by General Manager.
- Furthering the local food mission of the company
- Ensuring compliance with all local and state ordinances including Health Department, Department of Liquor Control and Fire Marshall.
- Ensuring facility and equipment are well maintained.
- Providing direction and leadership in the absence of the GM.
The Skinny Pancake provides a collaborative, caring work environment. You’ll be joined by a hard-working, fun group of co-workers who are committed to our local food values, a great guest experience, and a positive work environment.
Our ideal candidate for this position would be able to meet the responsibilities listed above in addition to being honest, hard working, positive, passionate about local food, and eager to develop both personally and professionally.
This is a great opportunity for industry professionals seeking real career growth with a company.
We are happy to offer our employees many benefits such as free employee meals, family & friend discounts, paid vacations, free passes to the Burlington Sailing Center, Health Care options with company contribution, and more!
Do you love all things local: music, food, fun? Then what are you waiting for?
Please fill out the form below to apply!
“The Skinny Pancake is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status”