The Chubby Muffin is now hiring a full-time Baker!
Our Mission: Local. Really. The Skinny Pancake/Chubby Muffin is on a mission to change the world by building a safer, healthier and more delicious food shed while creating everyday enjoyment that is fun and affordable. We work diligently and collaboratively in pursuit of this mission. Please join us.
Skills and Specifications:
• Have the ability to work in a team • Able to lead and motivate • Conduct oneself with professionalism at all time * Good communication and person skills • Possess the commitment to work in a customer service field • Have confidence, self drive and enthusiasm • Be able to make effective decisions in a time pressured environment • Be responsible in handling challenging situations • Must be able to lift 50LBS
The Baker is a key member of the team at the Chubby Muffin/Food Hub. Working with support from the General Manager and Executive Chef, this position’s key responsibilities include: Ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at the Chubby Muffin/Food Hub, both internal and external; ensures the mission of the company is viable as it relates to local foods, working with General Manager/Local Foods Coordinator and others to maximize use of local foods; works with fellow bakers to provide delicious and consistent products for the Chubby Muffin as well as other outlets; works with catering team to ensure prompt execution of events as it relates to baking as well as the creation of dynamic products that help round out catering offerings to guests; ensures compliance with all local and state ordinances including Health Department and Fire Marshall; ensures facility and equipment is well maintained and works with EC/GM to maintain these assets; all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains proper par levels for both Chubby Muffin and Food Hub ensuring quality and proper storage.
- Works along side fellow bakers in providing quality, timely and safe food and supplies for Chubby Muffin restaurant.
- Works with Catering team and Executive Chef to provide interesting and vibrant options with our catering menus.
- Maintains compliance with health code regulations.
- Maintains proper par levels for all raw ingredients and products as necessary.
- Accurately tracks food transfers from Food Hub to other outlets (as needed).
- Works constantly to create an atmosphere of positive morale, teamwork and professionalism.
- Works to provide 100% guest satisfaction, ensuring the needs of guests are met and exceeded.
- Creates delicious and well executed and costed items utilizing local product whenever possible.
- Consciously works to provide innovative and delicious ideas for the Chubby Muffin as well as other outlets.
- Ensures organization of product, supplies, equipment and facilities at all times.
- Constantly and consistently looks for ways to create efficiency in both the baking staff as well as systems.
- Assists, when necessary, in execution of service.
- Maintains proper cash handling procedures and communicates when necessary with General Manager/Administrative Coordinator on concerns or questions.
- Maintains professional demeanor and positive attitude at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- One week of paid vacation. Please note that this does not include sick days. Sick days and personal days for emergencies are granted on a case-by-case basis as needed, within reason. Unpaid vacation may be available seasonally upon request.
- Complimentary meal each day you work. Free coffee & tea anytime. 50% off food when you visit any of our operations while not on the job.
- Access to the Community Sailing Center with free rentals of canoes, kayaks, paddle boats and paddle boards.
- Future growth: we anticipate your role, responsibilities and contribution to grow over time. With that growth will come increases in salary and benefits that could include salary or performance-based incentives.
Apply Below – Make sure to Put “Baker at Chubby Muffin” in the Position and Location box.
“The Skinny Pancake is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status”