The Skinny Pancake/Chubby Muffin is looking for a Kitchen Supervisor for our Food Hub at located at the Chubby Muffin.
Our Mission: Local. Really. The Skinny Pancake is on a mission to change the world by building a safer, healthier and more delicious food shed while creating everyday enjoyment that is fun and affordable. We work diligently and collaboratively in pursuit of this mission. Please join us.
Skills and Specifications:
• Have the ability to work in a team • Able to lead and motivate • Conduct oneself with professionalism at all time * Good communication and person skills • Possess the commitment to work in a customer service field • Have confidence, self drive and enthusiasm • Be able to make effective decisions in a time pressured environment • Be responsible in handling challenging situations • Must be able to lift 50LBS
The AM Kitchen Supervisor of the Food Hub is a key member of the leadership team of the Chubby Muffin/Food Hub. Working with support from the Kitchen Manager, General Manager and Executive Chef, this positions key responsibilities include:
- supervises kitchen staff at the food hub ensuring 100% guest satisfaction, both internal and externally;
- manages variable costs including labor, food, and operational supplies by providing on the spot solutions for over/under staffing and portion control;
- orders, inventories and maintains quality food and execution of the food to guests;
- ensures the mission of the company is viable as it relates to local foods, working with Kitchen Manager and EX and others to maximize use of local foods;
- conducts monthly inventory and daily ordering from distributors as needed;
- ensures compliance with all local and state ordinances including Health Department, Fire Marshall, and City of Burlington;
- trains and coaches and recommends discipline of all kitchen staff as it relates to company policy in coordination with KM/GM/EC;
- ensures facility and equipment is well maintained and works with GM/EC to maintain these assets;
- coordinates orders from all outlets and assigns tasks as needed; understands BEO’s and works to ensure that all catering orders are processed with high quality, care, timeliness, and attention;
- all other duties as assigned.
- Leads cooks in providing quality, timely and safe food and supplies for Skinny Pancake restaurants.
- Maintains compliance with health code regulations through training staff and enforcing health code regulations when necessary.
- Maintains proper par levels for all raw ingredients and products as necessary through daily ordering when needed. Coordinates orders with other outlet Kitchen Managers and BEO’s.
- Ensures that orders are put away in an organized fashion.
- Accurately tracks food transfers from Food Hub to other outlets.
- Works constantly to create an atmosphere of positive morale, teamwork and professionalism.
- Works to provide 100% guest satisfaction, ensuring needs of guests are met and exceeded, both internally and externally.
- Ensures all food is at height of freshness and quality when sent out.
- Ensures organization of product, supplies, equipment and facilities at all times.
- Constantly and consistently looks for ways to create efficiency in both the kitchen staff as well as systems.
- Ensures maximum profit through on shift labor management, minimization of waste, portion control and proper ordering when needed.
- Maintains professional demeanor and positive attitude at all times.
- Assists with inventory monthly.
- Works with Kitchen Manager to provide training and continued development of all staff.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles and outside facilities.
- Ensures, and assists when needed, prompt delivery to all outlets as needed, including catering.
- Responsible for developing, costing, and executing prep for weekly specials, including speciality nights (eg – Burger Night)
- Responsible for providing assistance during busy nights of service (Burger night, Fridays nights, etc), or at other times when business levels require.
- Fully responsible for proper closing and cleaning of prep kitchen & bakery at end of each day.
- Maintains Green BTV badge and ability to drive
- All other duties as assigned.
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- One week of paid vacation. Please note that this does not include sick days. Sick days and personal days for emergencies are granted on a case-by-case basis as needed, within reason. Unpaid vacation may be available seasonally upon request.
- Complimentary meal each day you work. Free coffee & tea anytime. 50% off food when you visit any of our operations while not on the job.
- Access to the Community Sailing Center with free rentals of canoes, kayaks, paddle boats and paddle boards.
- Future growth: we anticipate your role, responsibilities and contribution to grow over time. With that growth will come increases in salary and benefits that could include salary or performance-based incentives.
- Many more perks!!
Apply Below – Make sure to Put “Kitchen Supervisor – Food Hub” in the Position and Location box.
“The Skinny Pancake is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status”