The best breakfast options in Stowe, VT
Here’s a guide to getting the absolute best breakfast in downtown Stowe (& where to go afterwards). Whether you’re looking for crepes, a full diner menu, or a delicious cup of coffee, you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for in this beautiful Vermont town.
If you simply need to get away from it all, Stowe, Vermont, is undoubtedly calling your name. A multitude of delicious breakfast and brunch options promise to win you over in an instant, while fun activities will have you planning a long, leisurely stay. After that, you’ll be ready for a day of adventures across town.
Wondering where to eat breakfast in Stowe, VT?
Boogie down to see us at The Skinny Pancake to get your crepe fix any time of day. Although there are more than a few great breakfast places in Stowe VT, you simply cannot pass up a chance to eat at The Skinny P. No matter when you stop by, you can enjoy the finest sweet and savory crepes around plus a whole lot more!
Stowe brunch and breakfast favorites on the menu include:
- Breakfast Sammy: Features a local bun topped with an egg, Cabot cheddar, and pesto mayo.
- Noah’s Ark: Comes with two eggs how you like ‘em, two frumpled cinnamon-sugar crepes, and your choice of breakfast meats plus maple syrup on the side.
- Blueberry Frumple Crepe: Begins with a frumpled sweet crepe made with love, and then topped with Vermont blueberry compote.
- Lumberjack: Starts with a classic mix of ham and cheddar that lands in a crepe as it sizzles on the griddle.
To kickstart your day in style, don’t hesitate to order up the Red Eye or any other artisan coffee drink on the menu. Prefer a Mimosa or Bloody Mary? Skip the coffee in favor of a cocktail instead.
Not in the mood for crepes today? That’s okay…
If our breakfast options at The Skinny Pancake don’t suit your needs, that’s quite alright. There are several other amazing breakfast spots in town such as:
- Green Goddess Cafe: this restaurant is located on Main Street in Stowe. They’re open for breakfast, lunch & dinner and offer online ordering & takeout.
- Stowe Bee Bakery & Cafe: open for breakfast & lunch, this cafe and bakery is all about wholesome, all natural, local food. Located at 1056 Mountain Road, they’re right around the corner from The Skinny Pancake!
- The Cafe on Main: open from 7:30am to 5pm, the Cafe on Main is conveniently located and has some great reviews.
Making a Day in Stowe, VT
Explore the Gorgeous Landscape in Smuggler’s Notch State Park
After enjoying the best breakfast Stowe VT has to offer, hit the trails in Smuggler’s Notch State Park to put all that newfound energy to work. You have seven trails to choose from, all of which treat you to amazing views of Mount Mansfield, Spruce Peak, and the Sterling Range.
Take a Leisurely Carriage Ride While Enjoying Mountain Views
Once you’re all tuckered out, take a chill carriage ride with Gentle Giants. Their noble steeds will lead you down gorgeous pathways, through covered bridges, and past all the best sights around town. All along the way, their crew will treat you to interesting stories about local history and culture.
Go on a Shopping Spree at the Antique Stores on Vermont Route 100
Upon returning to your car, point it toward Route 100 to explore all the antique stores in your midst, including:
- Upper Pucker Antiques & Oddtiques
- Waterbury Stowe Antiques Emporium
- Doreen’s Antiques
- Chalet Life
You never know what you’re going to find on your search, so keep an open mind and see if you can’t bring home a few fascinating treasures.
Circle Back Around for a Delicious Drink and Sweet Crepe-y Goodness
After enjoying a beautiful day in Stowe, why not come back through at the end of the day? On your return trip to The Skinny, you can satisfy your cravings for dessert and drinks of all kinds.
Cocktails & wine are always available, and refreshing local beer is always on tap, including Von Trapp Pilsner, GL Prosecco, and Irish Coffee just to name a few. As for dessert, we recommend a sweet crepe filled with fresh fruit, chocolate hazelnut spread, and so much more!
Post Breakfast Activities in or around Stowe, VT
Now that you’ve found the best restaurant in Stowe, it’s time to think about what you’d like to accomplish with all of that post-breakfast energy! The Skinny Pancake’s Downtown Stowe restaurant is conveniently located near Stowe Hardware & Dry Goods, Mountain Road Outfitters, World Famous Monkey House Customs Tattoo Shop, and so much more!
Summer Activities After Breakfast in Stowe
Your options for summer activities in Stowe include hiking, mountain biking, trail biking, & road biking, swimming in local watering holes like Bingham Falls, fishing, zip lining, golf, and more!
- Hiking: Enjoy a leisurely trek in Kirchner or Wiessner woodlands or attempt a hike up Mt. Mansfield, the state’s highest point.
- Biking: Stowe is home to more than 50 miles of mountain bike trails!
- Paddling: Spend the day paddling around the Waterbury Reservoir or seek out a guided tour for a more in-depth and educational experience.
- Golf: Stowe Country Club is an 18-hole public golf course located in Stowe Mountain Resort!
- Zip Lining: You can zipline through the treetops of Stowe’s woods thanks to Arbortrek Canopy Adventures.
If you’re looking for trail maps, hiking information, and advice on which trek is best for you and your trip companions, go over to the Green Mountain Club.
Fall Activities After Breakfast in Stowe
While it gets pretty cold pretty quick in the fall, you can still enjoy some awesome outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and even Disc Golf! We recommend checking out the 18-chain course in Waterbury known as Center Chains Disc Golf Course. Disc Golf is also an excellent summer activity! Other fall activities include leaf peeping (obviously) as well as brewery & winery tours. Here’s a few local spots to check out:
Breweries to visit in Stowe, VT:
Winter Activities After Breakfast in Stowe
What’s better than winter in Stowe, VT? If you find yourself in need of a winter activity after your breakfast, check out these options:
- Spend the day shredding the slopes at Stowe Mountain Resort
- Go dog sledding at Eden Mountain or with Peace Pups
- Take a sleigh ride at Gentle Giants or Trapp Family Lodge
- Go sledding at Marshall Hill! (a local favorite!)
- Go cross country skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort Cross Country Center
We Hope To See You Soon!
We bet that before finishing your trip through Stowe, you’ll likely find yourself planning your next visit. Come see us and experience the small town magic in a whole new way each time!