This post is your go-to-guide for getting the absolute best breakfast in downtown Albany, NY. As you probably already know, Albany is more than just the state capital of New York — it is a burgeoning community that is home to a variety of attractions as well as a thriving restaurant scene. Prepare for a full day of exploring the sights of Albany by starting with the best breakfast Albany has to offer.
SEARCHING FOR BREAKFAST IN ALBANY, NY?
These are just a few of the spots where you can grab breakfast or brunch:
THE SKINNY PANCAKE
At The Skinny Pancake, we are relatively new to the Albany breakfast scene, but we are quickly building a reputation as one of the best breakfast spots in town. Situated in a historic corner building in downtown Albany, our restaurant is known for delicious sweet and savory crepes as well as a cozy & welcoming environment. However, if you aren’t in the mood for a crepe, you will find that our menu has something for every taste. You are sure to find exactly what you are craving for breakfast at Skinny Pancake. Here’s just a few of our breakfast staples:
- Breakfast Sammy: One egg on a local bun with cheddar cheese and pesto mayo. Make it your own by adding your choice of protein.
- Noah’s Ark: Two eggs, two cinnamon-sugar frumpled crepes, your choice of breakfast meats, with NY maple syrup on the side.
- Blueberry Frumple Crepe: To begin, our frumpled sweet crepe is created with love, then Vermont Blueberry compote is drizzled over the top.
- Lumberjack: To make the Lumberjack, we start with spinning a savory crepe on the griddle, then fold in ham and cheddar cheese and finally cook the three together until the savory crepe is golden brown and the cheese is melted to perfection.
With two locations in Albany, Cafe Madison is an easy choice when it comes to the most important meal of the day. This comfortable and cozy diner is open from 7:30AM-2PM daily, and offers a variety of breakfast specials for interested diners.
THE BREAKFAST SPOT
The Breakfast Spot is a well-known diner in Albany that locals have long relied on for hearty and delicious breakfasts. This restaurant may not have all of the bells and whistles that other places in town have, but it’s tried-and-true recipes never disappoint.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST BREAKFAST IN ALBANY
Still Need Help Finding the Best Breakfast in Albany?
Whether you are hoping for a savory, scrumptious crepe or you are in need of a piping hot plate of pancakes, you may find it difficult to determine which restaurant truly offers the best breakfast in Albany. If you are still trying to make your final decision, consider relying on this step-by-step guide to choosing the right breakfast restaurant in this vibrant city:
- Step 1: Simply ask for help. One of the best places to get ideas for your next meal is by asking your friends, family and followers on social media. Put out a quick request for breakfast recommendations in Albany on Instagram or Facebook, and you’ll see that the ideas come flying in. From there, you can start to sift through your options and decide what sounds best.
- Step 2: Read reviews of the restaurants you are considering. Now that you have it narrowed down to one or two options, do your research and look up reviews online. These reviews will provide objective feedback about the service, food quality and overall experience at each location.
- Step 3: Check out the menu. Before you make your final decision, you will want to make sure that the restaurant you choose has a meal that you want. By reviewing the menus online, you can get a feel for the style and flavor of food offered at each restaurant, and you can then decide which place sounds like the perfect spot for your breakfast meal.