Find The Best Bars in Albany, NY 12207
With more than 400 years of history, Albany is one of the most interesting and cosmopolitan cities in the state of New York — and yes, we feel that’s true, even when compared to New York City. As the state capital of New York, Albany has attracted young professionals, growing families and established adults, all of whom are looking for a place to call home that is energetic and inviting.
Whether you have spent a long day at work in downtown Albany or you are simply looking for something fun to do on a weekend night, consider heading to one of the best bars in Albany NY. There are many fun bars to choose from, all of which offer refreshing beverages in an authentic atmosphere.
Visit One of the Best New Bars in Downtown Albany
If you are looking for a place to grab a pint of beer as well as delicious food, then the best place to go in downtown Albany is Skinny Pancake. Located on the corner Steuben Street and North Pearl, Skinny Pancake is one of the easiest bars to get to in the city. Our fast casual restaurant is known for its laid-back atmosphere, and it is a favorite spot among people of all ages and stages of life. Families who want to enjoy beers and sandwiches while their kids get a delicious meal appreciate the approachable style at Skinny Pancake. Adults who are looking for a low-key night on the town love the fact that they can grab their favorite craft beers while enjoying a sweet or savory crepe.
In addition to having half a dozen or more craft beers and cider on draft, you also can choose from a handful of canned or bottled local craft beers. If you are more in the mood for a cocktail, you can order a handcrafted Bloody Mary.
Rotating Draft Beer Menu
Our draft list might differ from what you see here, but as of May 2022, we’re featuring these awesome beers on tap:
- Chatham Brewery – Czech’rd Past Lager
- Rare Form – Confetti Mexican Lager
- Ommegang Rare Vos
- Singlecut- Electric Blue
- Frog Alley – Skull Frog DIPA
- Wolf Hollow – Lock 9 Porter
Canned & Bottled Beer
- Chatham Brewery – Pineapple Bombogenesis Fruited DIPA
- Chatham Brewery – Spike Devil Porter
- Chatham Brewery – Bombo Psyclone DIPA
- Industrial Arts – Wrench IPA
- Lake Placid – Ubu Brown Ale
- Saranac – Hoppy Hour Hero IPA
- Singlecut – Big in Japan DIPA
- Singlecut – Eric, More Cowbell! Milk Stout
- Singlecut – Kim Sour
- Singlecut – Plaint Top Pilsner
- Singlecut – Soflty Spoken Magic Spells IIPA
- ALB on the Go – Firewolves Blueberry Lemonade Canned Cocktail
- ALB on the Go – Knickerbocker Half & Half Canned Cocktail
- Indian Ladder Farms- Ciderdelic (canned)
- Nine Pin Signature Cider (draft)
Of course, Skinny Pancake offers more than just beers and cocktails on its menu. While you are sipping your favorite beverage, you can order from our extensive menu. Some local favorites include:
- All Day Burrito Crepe — This crepe combines the best of a bulging burrito with the savory goodness of a thin, crispy crepe. You can choose your preferred meat, and it will be topped with cheese and bean mix. Served with ranchero sauce and chipotle sour cream on the side, this crepe pairs perfectly with a frothy brew.
- Pulled Pork Sammy — For something that is filling and nourishing, consider the pulled pork sammy. This sandwich is piled high with pulled pork and topped with Cabot cheddar on a roll.
- Matchmaker Crepe — If you are interested in finishing off the night on a sweet note, consider ordering the Matchmaker Crepe. This simple crepe is stuffed with whatever the freshest local fruit is, and topped with a hazelnut spread. Served with a dollop of whipped cream, this crepe will be the perfect finish to any meal.
Other Fun Bars in Albany, NY
While you can find everything you need at Skinny Pancake, you may want to consider checking out these other bars in Albany, NY:
- The Hollow Bar + Kitchen — For nearly a decade, The Hollow Bar + Kitchen has been combining a fine dining experience with a bar-like atmosphere. Located in downtown Albany, it is a favorite spot among locals and visitors alike.
- The Excelsior Pub — The Excelsior Pub is one of the best places to get the authentic Albany experience. With dozens of local craft beers and ciders on tap, as well as food, wine and spirits, it’s a must-visit establishment in the city.
Skinny Pancake is one of the newest additions to Downtown Albany’s beer and wine scene, but it’s quickly becoming a favorite among everyone in town. See for yourself, and stop by Skinny Pancake the next time you want to visit one of the fun bars in Albany.