Whether you have spent the day exploring the iconic Vermont State House or you have walked for hours around Hubbard Park, you are likely going to want to grab dinner in town. This post discusses the best dinner options in Montpelier as well as a few recommended activities to get into before or after your meal.
Finding The Best Dinner Spots to Visit in Montpelier
There are lots of restaurants in Montpelier to choose from when you’re on the hunt for the best dinner in town, so we took the liberty of compiling this list of the top 3 dinner spots in Montpelier.
The Skinny Pancake – Delicious Crepes, Burgers & More
If you are searching for a cozy & casual restaurant that serves up delicious crepes and mouthwatering burgers, then the best dinner spot in Montpelier for you is The Skinny Pancake. We’re located in the heart of the city, which makes our Montpelier restaurant very easy to find for both tourists and locals alike.
Our menu features sweet crepes, such as the Blueberry Frumple Cake made with fresh Vermont blueberry compote, as well as savory crepes, like the Chicken Cheesy Pesto, which is filled with roasted chicken, pesto, caramelized onions, Vermont cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Did you know any of our crepes can be made with our gluten-free/vegan buckwheat batter? We also have some flavorful sandwiches, burgers and sides to choose from. Additionally, our menu features some delicious local craft beer and cocktails that are sure to impress. A few other Montpelier dinner staples from our menu include:
- Johnny Crepe: VT maple BBQ pulled pork, maple BBQ sauce, caramelized onions and cheddar Cheese in a cornmeal crepe with a side of coleslaw.
- Pulled Pork Sammy: BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw and cheddar cheese on a local bun.
- The Good Juju: Housemade black bean burger, cheddar cheese, slaw and chipotle mayo on a local challah bun.
- The Ramble: Ham, cheddar cheese, VT apples, red onion and chipotle mayo served toasted on local sourdough.
The Mad Taco – Tacos & Mexican Food
If you are in the mood for a bit of spice, then The Mad Taco might be the best dinner option for you. This Mexican restaurant specializes in gourmet street tacos, but the menu also includes a variety of house specialties that are based on authentic recipes and created with fresh, local ingredients. People who are sensitive to gluten or who are allergic to gluten find that this is one of their favorite restaurants in the city because the vast majority of the menu is gluten-free. The chefs at The Mad Taco are known for being accommodating when it comes to food allergies, and the kid’s menu makes it an easy place for families to go after a fun day in the city.
Sarducci’s Restaurant and Bar – Italian Food
If you are in the mood for a fine dining experience with a view, then you might consider an Italian dish at Sarducci’s Restaurant and Bar. This welcoming restaurant is situated near the Winooski River, and many of the tables overlook the water. While it is the kind of place where people in Central Vermont go to celebrate, it is also a family-friendly restaurant that appeals to diners of all ages. The menu features many traditional Italian dishes, all of which are freshly prepared with local ingredients that are designed to enhance the flavor of the entrée. This has been one of the most popular local restaurants in Montpelier for more than 20 years and is a favorite among locals and travelers alike.
What is there to do in Montpelier after dinner?
After you’ve had a delicious dinner in Montpelier, it’s time to think about what you’d like to accomplish with all of that post-dinner energy! Our Montpelier restaurant is conveniently located near the majestic and beautiful Vermont State House, Vermont College of Fine Arts, Hubbard Park, and so much more! Here are a few other suggestions:
Watch a movie at the Capitol Theater
See a movie at the Capitol Theater in Montpelier! It is conveniently located & offers great ticket pricing. Dinner and a movie go together like peanut butter and jelly (which makes The Skinny Pancake’s location part of a great pair).
Visit the T.W. Wood Gallery and Arts Center
The T.W. Wood Gallery in Montpelier is half museum, part gallery, showing works by world-renowned artists while also linking visitors to the greatest contemporary art Vermont has to offer.
How to Find the Best Dinner in Montpelier
Still Need Help Finding the Best Dinner Near Me in Montpelier?
Deciding on a place to eat dinner is about more than finding a place that is going to serve you a delicious meal. It’s about finding a locale that is going to give you and your entire party the experience that you are craving — it’s about discovering a place where you can share laughter and make memories around the table.
So, if you are still stuck while trying to make your decision about the best dinner near you in Montpelier, we totally get it. This step-by-step guide will help:
- Step 1: Take another moment and think about the type of experience you are hoping to have. Are you heading out for a night on the town with friends for casual conversation, or are you planning a romantic evening for that special someone? This will determine the type of ambiance and atmosphere that you are looking for.
- Step 2: Get feedback before you make your final decision. One of the best ways to do this is to browse online reviews on Google, Facebook and even the restaurant’s website. Online reviews are full of honest information about restaurants, and you will learn more about their meals, the service they provide and the general atmosphere at their location.
- Step 3: Browse that menu online! Don’t be afraid to decide on what you want before you even arrive. It’s important that you know what’s available at the restaurant before you go, as food plays a central role in the total experience.
Top Pick for Dinner? The Skinny Pancake
No matter what type of food you are craving or what occasion you are celebrating, you’re sure to find a restaurant you love in Montpelier. We’d be thrilled to host you for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at The Skinny Pancake in Montpelier, VT. Not only will you find sweet and savory crepes available all day long, but you also can grab a salad, burger or sandwich. We’re always ready to fill your belly and rejuvenate your spirit. Visit The Skinny Pancake Montpelier location today!