While getting dressed up and enjoying a night on the town may be enticing, there’s something to be said for enjoying the most flavorful food in the city from the comfort of your own home. Those who are searching for food to go to Burlington, VT will be pleased to find that the city is full of delicious takeout options — all of which offer convenient, flavorful meals for an affordable price.
Why Choose Takeout Food Burlington, VT?
Of course, takeout Burlington, VT is both easy and delicious, but these are a few additional reasons to consider ordering food to go from one of the best local restaurants in the city:
- Takeout food gets you out of the chore of making dinner yourself, yet you can still enjoy your meal in a place that is comfortable for you.
- The best takeout in Burlington, VT allows you to minimize the time you spend cooking and cleaning, ultimately letting you make the most out of your day on the waters of Lake Champlain.
- Food to go gives you a chance to satisfy that specific, nagging craving, without forcing you to try out a new recipe that might be a flop in the end.
- With takeout food, you can sample flavors from around the world without leaving Burlington.
Best Takeout in Burlington, VT
These are a few of the local restaurants in downtown Burlington and near the waterfront where you can get the best takeout food Burlington, VT.
Specializing in Nepalese and Himalayan cuisine, Sherpa Kitchen allows diners to enjoy an immersive, international experience without leaving the comforts of home. Its full menu can be ordered for takeout, with many people opting for well-known dishes such as the Beef Momo, Alu Gobi or Lamb Vindalo Curry. For convenience, Sherpa Kitchen also offers online ordering for takeout orders.
The Skinny Pancake
While diners are often flocking to The Skinny Pancake in order to enjoy outdoor dining with waterfront views, this fast casual restaurant also offers an extensive carry-out menu that allows patrons to bring their favorite meals home to enjoy. The Skinny Pancake is best known for its locally-based menu, which emphasizes fresh, seasonal ingredients. Diners often find themselves struggling to choose between the sweet and savory crepes, which are the perfect food to enjoy while on-the-go in Burlington. The entire carry out menu is available on the website, and guests can easily place their orders online.
A Single Pebble
Considered by many to be the best local Chinese food restaurant in Burlington, A Single Pebble has long been a popular takeout restaurant in the city. It’s so sought-after, in fact, that there are limited takeout hours available, and patrons often have to order online well in advance in order to snag a spot. With authentic Chinese meals on the menu, this is the perfect food to grab for a date night at home.
American Flatbread Burlington Hearth
Serving up gourmet flatbread pizzas in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, American Flatbread Burlington Hearth is a treasured community hotspot. However, these simmering flatbread pizzas can easily be ordered to go, allowing both visitors and residents to enjoy the flavorful concoctions in a time and place of their choosing.
Where to Enjoy Food to Go Burlington, VT
Once you have your meal, you can head to these locales in the city to enjoy your fresh, hot food:
- Oakledge Park — With picnic tables and beachfront access, Oakledge Park is an idyllic spot to enjoy a quick lunch or a romantic meal to go.
- Downtown Burlington — Known for its brick-lined paths and cascading fountains, Downtown Burlington allows you to savor a delectable meal while watching the world go by around you.
- Waterfront Park — Resting on the edge of Lake Champlain, Waterfront Park is one of the most peaceful spots in Burlington and a favorite among diners who grab carry out food in the city.
Dine In or Enjoy Takeout at The Skinny Pancake Burlington, VT
Located on the city’s glistening waterfront, The Skinny Pancake offers both indoor and outdoor dining as well as a full carryout menu, allowing you to enjoy your favorite food in Burlington any way that you want. Whether you want to bring home a savory crepe to eat while binge-watching the latest streaming phenomenon, or you want to grab a milkshake to go as you stroll along the shores of Lake Champlain, you will find everything you need at The Skinny Pancake Burlington, VT.