Local Food Leader Wanted!
Have Your Cake Catering is a division of the Skinny Pancake that has grown into one of Vermont’s most prominent local foods caterers for weddings, celebrations, corporate events. We’re currently looking to add a key leader to our ranks! The Catering Operations Manager will provide direction, guidance, vision and sound execution for the hundreds of events we execute annually. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes an increasing list of benefits with tenure, ultimately including health insurance, 401K, and much more.
Working in collaboration with the Executive Chef and Community Sales Manager, the Catering Operations Manager’s responsibilities include business management and HR, operational management and execution, guest relations, and quality and cost control.
Business Management and HR:
- Managing and motivating the HYCC team with a focus on ensuring high-quality guest service at all times, including hiring, motivating, training, written documentation for discipline and reviews for all HYCC operational employees.
- Working with Kitchen Manager to accurately input and send out inventory in a timely manner.
- Coordinating vehicle use across the company
- Sending out weekly accounting information to the HYCC VT team, sending invoices to guests to ensure that payment is submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
Operational Management, Event Execution, and Guest Relations:
- Overseeing and directing all operational aspects of the Have Your Cake Catering, working closely with the Executive Chef, Kitchen Manager, Banquet Captains, and Community Sales Manager to ensure a successful execution of every event.
- Aspiring toward 100% guest satisfaction in all aspects of their experience with HYCC
- Ensuring prompt payment prior to or at the beginning of every event.
- Responding in a timely manner to guest concerns, including real-time solutions to guest problems during events.
- Taking over direct communication with brides and grooms after the contract is signed.
- Engaging Banquet Captains to maintain decorations, small wares and china/glass/silver (packing lists and itineraries made by Captains for events.)
- Participating in event execution as needed, including ensuring that quality of execution as it pertains to guest perception and business profitability.
- Overseeing packing lists and itineraries made by Captains for events. Creates packing lists and itineraries when necessary.
Quality and Cost Control:
- Monitoring margins to meet budget on all major cost groups including food, labor, and controllable supplies.
- Working with the Head Bartender to control beverage costs, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, ensuring excellent margins, attractive and sellable product, and minimal loss.
- Managing documentation to ensure that contracts are understood, BEO’s are posted in a timely, detailed and accurate manner, and both are properly communicated to the event execution team.
- All other duties as assigned.
At Have Your Cake Catering, we care greatly about our team, as well as the people we add to it. We promote a positive work environment, support one another and recognize successes. We provide very competitive pay, free shift meals, health insurance contribution, 401K, access to voluntary benefits (like dental), an opportunity for growth, and much more.
Do you love all things local: music, food, fun? Then what are you waiting for? Visit our website below (make sure to specify the location!) and we’ll contact you as soon as possible for an interview!
“The Skinny Pancake is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status”