The Skinny Pancake is seeking an experienced leader professional to manage our growing facilities.
Roles and responsibilities: the Facilities Manager is our first point of contact for all aspects of maintaining and repairing Skinny Pancake facilities. In addition to repairing and maintaining equipment, the Facilities Manager will coordinate with outside contractors and General Managers to ensure that licenses and maintenance schedules are adhered to. This position requires a strong management mindset, non-traditional hours to navigate around restaurant operating hours and availability for occasional emergencies both on weekends and outside of traditional business hours.
- Kitchen equipment: coordinating with GM’s and KM’s at each location to ensure that preventative and routine maintenance work is completed, along with warranty registration, energy efficiency rebates, and other routine work.
- Physical plant: managing the wellness of our physical plant, including coordinating with contractors, communicating with the SP team, troubleshooting, and repairing and when possible. This includes HVAC, electrical, painting, refinishing, carpentry and plumbing.
- Getting quotes for larger projects and repairs, helping to select a winning bid, and overseeing contractor to help ensure we hit budget and work is completed satisfactorily.
- Making recommendations to COO and CEO for improving facilities.
- Minor carpentry: repairing furniture, cosmetic improvements in-restaurant, building or hanging shelving, fixing windows and doors, etc.
- Vehicle management: coordinating service schedule for all company vehicles, troubleshooting and executing minor auto work if possible.
- Special projects: locating and refurbishing old stoves to be used as coffee stands, taking apart a piano and turning it into shelving… new surprises will come every day!
- competitive pay
- Bonus potential at the end of each full calendar year.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, increasing with tenure.
- Schedule flexibility: this position will include work either early in the morning or late at night when the restaurant is not open. In exchange, we will offer schedule flexibility.
- Complimentary meal for each 8hr block of work. Free tea & coffee anytime.
- 50% off for you when visiting our operations while not on the job.
- 50% contribution toward individual health insurance plan
- 401K available starting in second year of employment including a 100% match of the first 4% contributed.
- Lifestyle benefits as available including concert tickets, free rentals at Burlington’s sailing center, and other benefits as we find them.
- Future growth with strong performance!
“The Skinny Pancake is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status”