The Skinny Pancake is now hiring a Kitchen Manager at our University of Vermont location.
This is a full time 45+ hours a week position
Our Mission: Local. Really. The Skinny Pancake is on a mission to change the world by building a safer, healthier and more delicious food shed while creating everyday enjoyment that is fun and affordable. We work diligently and collaboratively in pursuit of this mission. Please join us.
Skills and Specifications:
• Have the ability to work in a team • Able to lead and motivate • Conduct oneself with professionalism at all time * Good communication and personal skills • Possess the commitment to work in a customer service field • Have confidence, self-drive and enthusiasm • Be able to make effective decisions in a time pressured environment • Be responsible while handling challenging situations • Must be able to lift 50LBS
The Kitchen Manager of UVM is a key member of the leadership team of the Skinny Pancake. Working with support from the General Manager, Kitchen Manager and Executive Chef, this position’s key responsibilities include:
- Supervise kitchen staff at the Skinny Pancake ensuring 100% guest satisfaction
- Manage variable costs including labor, food, beverage and operational supplies orders, inventories and maintains quality food and execution of the food to guests
- Ensure the mission of the company is viable as it relates to local foods, working with Local Foods Coordinator and others to maximize use of local foods
- Conduct monthly inventory and daily ordering from distributors
- Ensure compliance with all local and state ordinances including Health Department, Fire Marshall, and UVM
- Train, coach and recommend discipline for all kitchen staff as it relates to company policy in coordination with GM & KM
- Ensure the facility and equipment are well maintained and work with GM & KM to maintain these assets
- All other duties as assigned
We are happy to offer our employees many benefits such as free employee meals, family & friend discounts, paid vacations, free or discounted admission to Skinny music events, free passes to the Burlington Sailing Center, Health Care options with company contribution, and many, many perks besides!
Please fill out the form below to apply!
“The Skinny Pancake is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status”