The Best Breakfast in Burlington, VT
When you’re on a trip to Burlington, Vermont, expect to be overwhelmed by all the delicious meal options available, especially the amazing assortment of breakfast & brunch options. Burlington has tons to offer visitors, including easy access to some of the country’s best ski slopes and waterfront attractions. Yet, before you start a fun-filled day, you’re probably going to do some research on the best breakfast restaurants available in the area, and we can help!
Some of our Burlington breakfast favorites are…
A hearty breakfast is a must when visiting Burlington, and you’ll get that if you select any of the delicious crepes or breakfast meals available at The Skinny Pancake located at 60 Lake Street:
- Keep it simple with the Early Riser, featuring two fried eggs and delicious Cabot cheddar
- Try something new like the Breakfast Monster, made from a fried egg, cheddar, pesto, roasted squash, caramelized onions, and spinach.
- If you prefer something sweeter for your first meal of the day, choose the Blueberry Frumple Cake. The cake is made from scratch and features a frumpled sweet crepe topped generously with Vermont blueberry compote.
A few brunch options you’ll find at The Skinny P
Although breakfast is offered all day at the Skinny Pancake, many visitors like to make their visit a brunch date with friends and family. All of the restaurant’s delectable breakfast crepes are available from open to close. If you want a savory crepe for lunch, you can check out offerings such as
- The Cheesy Chicken Pesto: handmade with roasted chicken, pesto, caramelized onions, and two types of cheese.
- The Johnny Crepe. a satisfying sandwich crafted from pulled pork, caramelized onions, and Vermont cheddar.
And that’s definitely not all we have to offer on our Burlington menu. If you want to try something different aside from The Skinny Pancake’s crepes, check out our burger and sandwich menu. All gourmet burgers are served on tasty challah buns, while fresh sandwiches are piled on local sourdough slices of bread.
Feelin’ somethin’ different? Lucky for you, there’s more
There are a few other awesome breakfast & brunch restaurants in Burlington that you should check out if you’re looking for something unavailable on our menu:
- Henry’s Diner: if you’re looking for a classic diner experience
- Penny Cluse Cafe: if you’re looking for creative pancake options (pancakes, NOT crepes ?)
- Sneakers: if you find yourself in need of a great breakfast in Winooski
- Cafe St. Paul: if you’re looking for a quick delicious option that won’t break the bank
Making The Most of Your Time in Burlington, VT
Enjoy the beautiful views on Lake Champlain’s waterfront
Now that you’ve chosen the right spot to get fueled up for the day, it’s time to consider what you might wanna do with all of that energy! We’re conveniently located near the beautiful Lake Champlain Waterfront area of Burlington. After breakfast, we recommend taking a leisurely stroll on the Burlington bike path where you can see scenic views of the Adirondack mountains across Lake Champlain.
Enjoy shops in the Church Street Marketplace
Church street is popular year round and offers some great shops to take advantage of.
Head South on I-89 for some scenic mountain views
Of course, taking a scenic drive into the mountains via I-89 will offer some amazing leaf-peeping in the early fall months.
SUMMER ACTIVITIES AFTER BREAKFAST IN BURLINGTON
The site is a top spot in the summer, offering the chance to enjoy fishing excursions, ferry rides, Segway tours, and more.
FALL ACTIVITIES AFTER BREAKFAST IN BURLINGTON
Once October is over, however, street markets located downtown will allow you to shop after you dine. There’s no shortage of hotels in Burlington either, with many of the top accommodations located right on the water. Be sure to check out Hotel Vermont on Cherry Street, they have an awesome outdoor bar section with sit-down fire pits if the weather permits.
Winter Activities After Breakfast in Burlington
As mentioned earlier, our restaurant in Burlington is pretty close to some of the top ski resorts in the state, such as:
- Bolton Valley Ski Resort: 38 mins via I-89 S and US-2 E.
- Smugglers Notch Resort: 56 mins via I-89 N
- Stowe Mountain Resort: 58 mins via via I-89 S
- Sugarbush Resort: 1 hr 2 mins via I-89 S and Vermont Rte 100 S
Before getting the best breakfast in Burlington, VT at the Skinny Pancake, reserve your table online. You could also place your orders online before heading to the Burlington location if you’re short on time.
Enjoy a Savory Crepe & a Cocktail When The Day is Done
The Skinny Pancake has storied Vermont roots—launching with a startup cart made from an old sailboat trailer. We knew that we wanted to serve delicious, locally sourced food, all while highlighting Vermont’s unique culinary history. As the cart’s popularity increased and word of mouth got out, we decided to expand to more locations around Vermont and the Northeast.
Although we still offer some grab-and-go options, this expansion included sit-down restaurants instead of the food carts where we got our start. Each location we operate provides an ambiance that stays true to the Skinny P brand. Our goal is to celebrate local culture and local music while enjoying delicious food. Although The Skinny Pancake serves lunch and dinner, most visitors don’t want to miss the opportunity to enjoy any of the all-day breakfast menu options we have to offer at all of our locations!